Tuesday 19 February 2013

Fox lands a Whale!!

Hey Readers,

Don't you love it when television becomes consistent, and your favourite shows airs weekly rather than take arbitrary breaks for 2 or sometimes 3 weeks?! I have truly enjoyed my last few weeks of viewing. Most of my favourite shows have aired weekly, and only a couple or so have taken the odd break. At this point however, it is the point in the season where most shows are trying to set up their big finishes in order to land renewal and therefore not much will be happening in most shows; in fact, most are airing 'filler episodes'.

That said, its that time to get on the ball with mid-season shows. They are either at the end i.e. white collar and suits, and thus are at their big finish, making them much more exciting to watch, or they are just starting and therefore need to grab your attention, again making them much more interesting to watch. I'm dedicating this post to a brilliant new season on Fox called "THE FOLLOWING".

Now, Just to put it out there, I'm not a big fan of Fox Tv. Most of its comedies are stale, and drama is also not doing too well. In fact, until 'The Following', i think the only shows I watch on Fox are Touch and American Dad. They did air one of my greatest shows, 24 and Fringe, but are responsible for purging what could have been the greatest ever tv series in Firefly! So, its clear I have a very love-hate relationship with that network.



Anyway, The Following! I don't want to give too much, especially since its only in its 5th episode. However, It is so awesome. When I watched the trailer for the series last year, I got the impression it would be a serial killer series where the Feds are on the hunt of a psychopathic yet charasimatic serial killer on the loose. Well, I was wrong in a manner of speaking, and it evolved to be something much more exciting. The show is full of suspense and a certain darkness that makes every episode seem like an intense thriller movie that may just venture slightly into the horror genre. If you really want to know what the series is about, look to the title for some deeper insight, and get on that pilot asap!! Beyond that, i'm not adding anything. It is for your benefit, Trust me!

Lastly, The Acting is great, most characters do an awesome job. I mean, KEVIN BACON needs no introduction- he is a movie legend. Natalie Zea has been all over television i.e Dirty Sexy Money, Justified... and relatively newcomer Annie Parisse is very talented. I especially enjoyed her guest starring role on Person of Interest, which is one of my favourite shows currently on air. So trust me, your next series to try should be THE FOLLOWING!

Rating so far: 9/10

p.s: it may help to know or google who this man is for further insight-

No comments:

Post a Comment